Friday 7 March 2014

Charity Shop Chic

This January I was confronted with the daunting prospect of writing my dissertation to conclude my fashion design degree. As i am sure all you creatives agree, the thought of writing a piece rather then creating one is a scary and difficult prospect, and the overwhelming realization that you are going to be marked on a piece of written work of which your strengths do not lie, can turn the pressure and the heat up!

In order to boost motivation, I decided to write about something I was passionate about, of which the basis of this blog was created. This subject that i chose was considering the up-cycling and recycling of second hand fashion. To coincide with the dissertation I also had to provide a side project that became an outcome of the dissertation. 

I turned what was a terrifying prospect into doing what i do best !; Shopping for amazing, on trend and affordable clothes, but instead of from the high street; on eBay, in vintage stores and most importantly from charity shops.

Here are some of the final looks I created for my charity shop look book, proving that you don't need to buy new, to look absolutely gorgeous!




(With a special thanks to annabellesmithphotography@blogspot.co.uk   for helping with the shoot and Jennifer Eustace & Scarlett Ross aka Itsofficialflowerbusiness@blogspot.com for modelling!)

No comments:

Post a Comment